Dates: May 19, 2012 – September 23, 2012
Location: Blaafarveværket, Koboltveien, 3340 Åmot i Modum, Nyfossum, Norway
Last Updated: August 16, 2014
On May 19, a retrospective exhibition opened at the Blaafarveværket museum in Nyfossum, Norway. The Exhibition consists of works from different periods including ceramic jars, woodcuts and prints. See the gallery’s online catalog here.
On May 10, 2012, during an interview with VG newspaper, and translated by a-ha-live.com, Magne said:
The exhibition features a lot of art from the 1990s, including series of works that have never been exhibited in Norway or Europe before. It’s been really fun to bring this out of hiding, and combine it with some of my newest works.
It’s both exciting and challenging to work in such buildings and surroundings. When it works, which I feel it does here, it creates a great connection between the room and the artwork. And the woodcuts fit naturally together with the timber walls.
- 09/10/2012 – Norgesnytt: Magne Furuholmen knuser rekorder på Nyfossum
- 05/21/2012 – Drammens Tidende: Apning av blaafarvevaerket
- 05/19/2012 – Drammens Tidende: Kjendis eller kulturmenneske? Da skulle du vært her!
- 05/15/2012 – Dagbladet: Jeg er ferdig med å rote i meg selv (includes video)
- 05/10/2012 – VG: Magne Furuholmen ser tilbake før han fyller femti å
- 05/09/2012 – Bygdebopsten: Unik utstilling på Nyfossum
- West of The Moon Forum (1)
- West of The Moon Forum (2)
- a-ha Italia
- German a-ha Forum
- Magne Furuholmen Pinterest (unofficial)
- a-ha Live: Magne prepares exhibition at Blaafarveværket
- a-ha Live: Exhibition opening